Here are some of the main things I look for in the sweaters sections. Happy shopping.
In the Christmas sweaters section: Michael Simon label (typically black; red don't necessarily sell as well)
Other good buys this time of year:
- fisherman sweaters - particularly made in Ireland, Aran wool
- sweater coats - maxi sweater coats are in general good buys at decent prices, as they are very popular. obviously brand and content will drive the price.
- cocoon sweaters (right brand)
- Fair Isle / Nordic sweaters, especially cardigans
- 50s pinup / cropped cardigans
- right brand cardigans - my most frequent finds worth buying are Anthropologie brands or Ralph Lauren (or one of the above).
- cashmere (many cashmere sweaters will bring at least $20), mohair, wool, angora
- other favorite features on sweaters in general (other than cardigan style): shawl collar, mock turtleneck (the thin wool/cashmere/silk ones for men in neutral colors are good to look for in the right brand), cable knit
Rare but valuable finds: Ralph Lauren bear sweaters, usually blue
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.